This is the part of the website, where we try and prevent misunderstandings and get along in business. I am here to help you by sharing my knowledge that I have built up over the years that I and my family have been involved in property.
- Sharing my love of planning with regards to property development in England. I am not a chartered town planner, or an accountant, financial advisor or solicitor. I am however a developer who loves planning and enjoys reading the NPPF, GPDO and other such documents with four letters….. I do hold a qualification in Funeral Directing (old family business) and hold a press pass when I used to photograph premier league football. Neither of these will help you in your town, but I hope my knowledge and experience will!
- Rules and regulations differ in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Whilst some of the information will be similar there will be some differences. So please check!
- Planning can change on a regular basis and each local authority will have their own differences locally. It is not possible to cover all the variations that exist, so consulting your local plan or other published information or speaking to the local authority will assist. Articles on this website might be out of date or policy might have been updated by local or central government or by virtue of legal judgments.
- I can’t guarantee you that I can obtain planning permission for you or not have conditions attached. I will however do my best to obtain it by using my knowledge and experience.
- This is a informational website and you use any information on it at your own risk. Nothing on Planning Geek, training or mentoring services constitutes legal or other professional advice, and must not be relied on as such, and it is your own responsibility to ensure that any information discussed is right for your circumstances. Whilst we try and keep information up to date, we make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors or omissions or any damages arising from its display or use. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage that may arise out of your reliance on such information.
- I am not a chartered town planner, and so whilst I am not restricted by their rules you are welcome to contact a chartered town planner or other suitably qualified professional for advice should you be in any doubt. We are not responsible for any websites linked from Planning Geek and the information contained within them should be verified if in doubt.
I do hope that the above will not put you off me assisting you. You will find similar disclaimers on most planning websites or in agreements that you might be asked to sign. I would rather be up front with you and should you not like what you read then please feel free to use the services of someone else.