The Building Regulations 2010 cover the construction and extension of buildings and are supported by Approved Documents which set out detailed practical guidance on compliance. These building regs divided into a number of parts. Clicking on any part below will take you to the government pages for that part.
Before you start any construction you have a choice to use a private building control inspector, or the local authority to approve the building regs. If work has already started then you must use an inspector from the local authority.
- Part A – Structure
- Part B – Fire Safety
- Part C – Site preparation and resistance to contaminates and moisture
- Part D – Toxic Substances
- Part E – Resistance to the passage of sound
- Part F – Ventilation
- Part G – Sanitation, hot water safety and water efficiency
- Part H – Drainage and Waste Disposal
- Part J – Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems
- Part K – Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Part L – Conservation of fuel and power
- Part M – Access to and use of buildings
- Part P – Electrical Safety
- Part Q – Security
- Part R – Physical infrastructure for high speed electronic communications networks.
- Regulation 7 – Materials and workmanship