Annual average daily traffic (AADT) is the total volume of vehicle traffic on a highway or road for a year divided by 365 days. AADT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is. The AADT traffic data can be used for:
- selecting a new site or business location
- evaluating a site for development
- determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
- forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
- identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
- analysing the environmental hazards of pollution related to road transport
This is usually used by Highways departments of the local authority and Highways England, Scotland etc.
Similar surveys are AAWT – Annual Average Weekday Traffic which measures as above, but just on weekdays ignoring any bank holidays and ASDT – Average Summer Daily Traffic. This is a similar measure to the annual average daily traffic, however the ASDT data is collected during summer only. The measure is useful in areas where there are significant seasonal traffic volumes carried by a given road.
After many requests, we now offer a site appraisal service for just £449. This appraisal will be from a developer's viewpoint letting you know the best options that you might have with your site or building of interest. No point in spending a large amount on professional fees if the deal has large potential issues from a planning aspect. Or maybe we can find new angles that will increase your GDV and potential profit/income! Click here to start the process.