Average summer daily traffic (ASDT) is the total volume of vehicle traffic, seven days a week in the summer, on a road or motorway for a year divided by the number days in the summer. ASDT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is during the summer season. The ASDT traffic data can be used for:
- selecting a new site or business location
- evaluating a site for development
- determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
- forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
- identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
- analysing the environmental hazards of pollution related to road transport
This is usually used by Highways departments of the local authority and Highways England, Scotland etc.
After many requests, we now offer a site appraisal service for just £449. This appraisal will be from a developer's viewpoint letting you know the best options that you might have with your site or building of interest. No point in spending a large amount on professional fees if the deal has large potential issues from a planning aspect. Or maybe we can find new angles that will increase your GDV and potential profit/income! Click here to start the process.