GPDO Article 1
The General Permitted Development Order (GPDO) is divided into ten Articles. Four of these Articles are then expanded further. These expanded areas are called Schedules. These are then in turn split into a number of Parts. Finally these Parts are divided into Classes within Schedule 2. This is Article 1.
Where we have additional pages and tables to assist you they are included below. Of course they are not part of the various GPDO Articles, Schedules or Classes – but are included to make life easier for you. If we can improve this section in any way – please get in touch.
Below is a full list of all articles within the GPDO:-
1. Citation, commencement and application
3. Permitted development
4. Directions restricting permitted development
5. Directions restricting certain minerals permitted development
6. Directions: general
7. Prior approval applications: time periods for decision
7ZA. Prior approval applications: modified procedure in relation to call-in of applications
8. Revocations and saving
Article 1 sets out the foundations for the General Permitted Development Order or GPDO for short. Click on the links above for the other Articles.
(1) This Order may be cited as the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 and comes into force on 15th April 2015.
(2) This Order applies to all land in England, but where land is the subject of a special development order, whether made before or after the commencement of this Order, this Order applies to that land only to such extent and subject to such modifications as may be specified in the special development order.
(3) Nothing in this Order applies to any permission which is deemed to be granted under section 222 of the Act (planning permission not needed for advertisements complying with regulations).
Page updated: 26th November 2020
Have you joined our Facebook Community yet?
After many requests, we now offer a site appraisal service for just £449.
This appraisal will be from a developer's viewpoint letting you know the best options that you might have with your site or building of interest. No point in spending a large amount on professional fees if the deal has large potential issues from a planning aspect.
Or maybe we can find new angles that will increase your GDV and potential profit/income! Click here to start the process.