GPDO Article 7A
The General Permitted Development Order (GPDO) is divided into ten Articles. Four of these Articles are then expanded further. These expanded areas are called Schedules. These are then in turn split into a number of Parts. Finally these Parts are divided into Classes within Schedule 2. This is Article 7A.
Where we have additional pages and tables to assist you they are included below. Of course they are not part of the various GPDO Articles, Schedules or Classes – but are included to make life easier for you. If we can improve this section in any way – please get in touch.
Below is a full list of all articles within the GPDO:-
1. Citation, commencement and application
3. Permitted development
4. Directions restricting permitted development
5. Directions restricting certain minerals permitted development
6. Directions: general
7. Prior approval applications: time periods for decision
7ZA. Prior approval applications: modified procedure in relation to call-in of applications
8. Revocations and saving
Article 7A specifies as to how often the Secretary of State needs to review and update the General Permitted Development Order or GPDO.
(1) The Secretary of State must from time to time—
(a) carry out a review of articles 1 to 7 articles 1 to 7ZA;
(b) set out the conclusions of the review in a report; and
(c) publish the report.
(2) The report must in particular—
(a) set out the objectives intended to be achieved by the regulatory system established by those articles;
(b) assess the extent to which those objectives are achieved; and
(c) assess whether those objectives remain appropriate and, if so, the extent to which they could be achieved with a system that imposes less regulation.
(3) The first report under this article must be published before the end of the period of five years beginning with 6th April 2016.
(4) Reports under this article are afterwards to be published at intervals not exceeding five years.
Page updated: 26th November 2020
Have you joined our Facebook Community yet?
After many requests, we now offer a site appraisal service for just £449.
This appraisal will be from a developer's viewpoint letting you know the best options that you might have with your site or building of interest. No point in spending a large amount on professional fees if the deal has large potential issues from a planning aspect.
Or maybe we can find new angles that will increase your GDV and potential profit/income! Click here to start the process.