GPDO Article 8
The General Permitted Development Order (GPDO) is divided into ten Articles. Four of these Articles are then expanded further. These expanded areas are called Schedules. These are then in turn split into a number of Parts. Finally these Parts are divided into Classes within Schedule 2. This is Article 8.
Where we have additional pages and tables to assist you they are included below. Of course they are not part of the various GPDO Articles, Schedules or Classes – but are included to make life easier for you. If we can improve this section in any way – please get in touch.
Below is a full list of all articles within the GPDO:-
1. Citation, commencement and application
3. Permitted development
4. Directions restricting permitted development
5. Directions restricting certain minerals permitted development
6. Directions: general
7. Prior approval applications: time periods for decision
7ZA. Prior approval applications: modified procedure in relation to call-in of applications
8. Revocations and saving
Article 8 relates to various statutory instruments that have been revoked so far for the General Permitted Development Order or GPDO and is expanded further in Schedule 4.
(1) Subject to paragraph (2), the statutory instruments specified in Schedule 4 are revoked insofar as they apply to England.
(2) For the purposes only of development specified in article 6(2) of the Amending Order, the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995, in the form in which it existed immediately before the coming into force of the Amending Order, continues to apply in relation to that development.
(3) The saving provision in paragraph (2) ceases to have effect at the end of the 3 year period beginning with the day on which this Order comes into force.
(4) In this article, “the Amending Order” means the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (England) Order 2015.
Page Updated: 4th February 2022
Have you joined our Facebook Community yet?
Do you need help with a property? Unsure what to do next?
Book a 30 minute or hour Zoom session with Ian - The Planning Geek to discuss the opportunity that is before you. Click here to book a time that is convenient for your diary. You could be talking to Ian today!
Starts at just £147
'Full of content'
Wow! Ian really is a Geek when it comes to property - so glad we booked an hour'